Not infrequently I come across items that leave me saying, "Man, I wish I could be more like that." In the hope that writing about such items might engrave them on my soul - and perhaps be of encouragement to others - I have decided to launch an occasional series of meditations in ReVision.
ReVision, after all, has the purpose of causing us to think again about a matter, with the intent of provoking some response that might lead to conversation or other action on behalf of a Christian view of life. So this "More Like That" series would seem to fit in with the mission of this five-days-a-week musing.
In the current issue of The New Criterion
More Like That (1)
- Psalm 137:4-6 How shall we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land?
- Psalm 137:1-3 By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion.
- Psalm 119:41-42 Let Your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your promise;
- Psalm 136:23-26 It is He who remembered us in our low estate, for His steadfast love endures forever;
- Psalm 136:10-22 to Him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, for His steadfast love endures forever;