The astonishment and outrage over AIG's executive bonuses provides a focusing moment for our generation. Listening to the President, members of Congress, and the media talk about this situation you get a clear sense of how completely baffled they are at such blatantly self-serving actions. No one can understand such hubris, such matter-of-fact disregard for decency, propriety, and the right thing to do. Here one of the largest companies in the world, after having ruined its own business, exacerbated the growing economic distress at home, and practically brought down the financial house worldwide, then accepting over $100 billion in taxpayer bailout, stuns the watching world by paying its manifestly incompetent executives bonuses
- Psalm 137:4-6 How shall we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land?
- Psalm 137:1-3 By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion.
- Psalm 119:41-42 Let Your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your promise;
- Psalm 136:23-26 It is He who remembered us in our low estate, for His steadfast love endures forever;
- Psalm 136:10-22 to Him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, for His steadfast love endures forever;