You are indeed my portion, and a very generous portion. Your blessings soak into every aspect of my life; not a nook or cranny is left without your generosity. And this glorious bounty of joy comes through Your Word, through understanding and obeying Your Word.
You are gracious to me; You lifted me out of the stench of my sin and set me on the Rock. You cleansed my filth and set me at Your table as Your son. Your favor is the sweet aroma of my life.
Oh, LORD, Your generosity is boundless, Your promises are without end, Your grace sustains me!
Friday, 23 May 2008
The LORD is my portion; I promise to keep Your words. I entreat Your favor with all my heart; be gracious to me according to Your promise.
- Psalm 137:4-6 How shall we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land?
- Psalm 137:1-3 By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion.
- Psalm 119:41-42 Let Your steadfast love come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your promise;
- Psalm 136:23-26 It is He who remembered us in our low estate, for His steadfast love endures forever;
- Psalm 136:10-22 to Him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, for His steadfast love endures forever;