Psalm 119:17-24, ESV
Gimel Deal bountifully with your servant, that I may live and keep your word. Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. I am a sojourner on the earth; hide not your commandments from me! My soul is consumed with longing for your rules at all times. You rebuke the insolent, accursed ones, who wander from your commandments. Take away from me scorn and contempt, for I have kept your testimonies. Even though princes sit plotting against me, your servant will meditate on your statutes. Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors.
Psalm 119:17-24, JN paraphrase
What does it mean to deal bountifully with me so I can keep the Word of the LORD, God, the Almighty?
- He must open my eyes to the beauty of the Word.
- He must remove the curse of a sojourner
- He must not hide His commandments from me
- He must ignite the longing for His rules
- He must rebuke the insolent, the accursed ones, the wanders from His commandments.
- He must take away scorn and contempt from me.
- He must protect me from authorities who plot my ruin
- And the result will be that I meditate on your statutes, they are my delight and counselors.
- Who does the necessary steps? He does, the LORD, God, the Almighty does. Not Johnny.
HALLELUJAH, PRAISE THE LORD, GOD, THE ALMIGHTY.
How about Table Talk, A monthly devotional with a stimulating series of daily devotionals and short commentaries on related subjects. We find it to be a very valuable wrap-up to our day in the trenches.