Between 430 and 800 AD a movement of God's Spirit, beginning in Ireland, brought multiplied thousands to Christ, renewed churches all over Europe, sent thousands of missionaries to foreign lands, and saved civilization. Here's a resource to help you learn more about the Celtic Revival.
Matthew roots the story of Jesus in Old Testament revelation. In the process, he teaches us how to read the Old Testament, so that we see Jesus on its every page. The story of redemption breaks into time and history with the birth of Jesus through two faithful and obedient people. God Who is with us has finally come! And He’ll never leave us again.
The genealogies of Scripture are like the gleanings after a harvest. Theologians, teachers, and Bible students eagerly and repeatedly reap the fruit of the books, doctrines, themes, topics, and other offerings from the field of God’s Word. But the genealogies get short shrift. We speed through them, or even skip them altogether when we come to them in our reading. We leave them for someone else to glean.
But there is meat on those shocks and stalks, and in this series, Gleanealogy, we are the gleaners, determined to bring that meat to table.
Jesus has called His followers disciples – learners. We are commanded to learn Him, that is, to increase in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is eternal life.
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 1: You Can’t Know What You Won’t Know
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 2: Growing in the Knowledge of Christ (1)
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 3: Growing in the Knowledge of Christ (2)
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 4: The Disciplines of Knowing - Theology
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 5: The Disciplines of Knowing - The Humanities
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 6: The Disciplines of Knowing - The Sciences
- Know, Love, Serve - Part 7: Learning Jesus
Ecclesiastes is a series of counsels, interviews, proverbs, and “memos” to Solomon’s son, Rehoboam, soon to become King of Israel. Apparently, Solomon perceived that he was getting off on the wrong foot, and he collected these various teachings, aphorisms, and personal experiences to try to forestall Rehoboam’s drift into a life of folly and vanity.
- Ecclesiastes 1
- Ecclesiastes 2: Hating Life
- Ecclesiastes 3: God Over All
- Ecclesiastes 4: Oppressed, Lonely, Forgotten
- Ecclesiastes 5: Approaching God
- Ecclesiastes 6: Are We Having Fun Yet?
- Ecclesiastes 7:1-13: Telling It Slant (1)
- Ecclesiastes 7:14-29: Telling It Slant (2)
- Ecclesiastes 8: In Your Face
- Ecclesiastes 9: The Way to Joy
- Ecclesiastes 10: It's Common Sense
- Ecclesiastes 11: Think of the Days Ahead
- Ecclesiastes 12: Remember to Fear the Lord
Grace is one of those wonderful words that Christians embrace, use, and rejoice to know. But do we really know what grace is? Do we know what grace is for? How it operates? How to receive it, and what use to make of it?