The book of Daniel is the shortest of the “major” prophets, but its importance in the story of redemption is no less than that of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel.
If we do not know God, we cannot know goodness.
- God Is Good: The Goodness of God, Part 1
- The Goodness of Jesus: The Goodness of God, Part 5
- The Law Is Good: The Goodness of God, Part 4
- Culture and Goodness: The Goodness of God, Part 3
- Creation Is Good: The Goodness of God, Part 2
- The Spirit Is Good: The Goodness of God, Part 6
- The Goodness of Heaven: The Goodness of God, Part 7
Jesus says a number of frightening things. There will be division – father against son. To whom much is given, much will be required. You’re just as bad as those who were killed by Pilate (or by a falling tower). This is all quite shocking, but the disciples need this wake-up call.